[meteorite-list] Re broken pallasite

From: Michael Fowler <mqfowler_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Jun 4 13:24:19 2005

Hi Al,

Steve told me by phone that the smaller springwater pallasite was
damaged in the mail because it was packaged in the same box as a 15
pound Campo!!!

I find that a believable explanation.

Mike Fowler

PS before anyone jumps on Steve for being so dumb as to package two
meteorites together like that, remember, it was the sender who did it,
not Steve.

Hi Steve and all,

Very unfortunate. Did the seller of the 70 gram slice refund your
money?? I've sent out thousands of packages (US Postal System) and
only had two items with minor damage.

--AL Mitterling

steve_arnol60120 at yahoo.com wrote:

I traded away the 122 gram piece to bob c.As far as the crystals go,they
were part of a 70 gram slice that had gotten broken into a thousand
pieces by the us mail service.So there mr.know-it-all.Quit judging
before you know the facts.

            all my best,steve!!NOT!