[meteorite-list] AD: Video Footage of our trip to Oman

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Jun 5 17:13:40 2005

on 6/5/05 1:45 PM, Darren Garrison at cynapse_at_charter.net wrote:

> I have contempt for Unions and would
> never be part of one.
-------
Great,
        Then, the next job you take, kindly refuse parity in wages,
medical benefits, retirement benefits, any and all holidays off,
job safety, insurance against job injury and dismemberment,
and be prepared to work 12 hour days 6 or 7 days a week to make
a survival wage. If you are a minority, expect less than half pay and
to be fired if a white male wants your job - regardless of the quality
of your work and your tenure. All of these were addressed by unions.
You should forsake them all.
        Oh, and be prepared to work for wages unable to put food
on your table which require you to put your sons and daughters
to work by the age of 6 or 7. And, if they should have a foot cut
off by a mine car or an arm ripped off by a weaving machine, they
will be fired for being unable to perform their work.
        Go for it.
        Michael

--
"You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are."
     -Herb Cohen