[meteorite-list] AD: Video Footage of our trip to Oman

From: E. L. Jones <jonee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Jun 6 20:52:02 2005

Maybe it is just me but...

Darren Garrison wrote:

> balgh blagh blagh yada yada

> would never buy photos from someone who wasn't established to my
> satisfaction . And THAT is why I didn't even concider for a SECOND
> paying for a unseen, non-profesional video by someone who's abilities
> I had NO knowledge of.

More blah blah blah yada yada YADDDDDa

> And if it turns out that the finished product is of a similar quality to what a professional documentary of the trip would have been, then I, too, would be willing to pay a professional documentary price. But for a home video quality, I'm still willing to pay a home video price-- namely nothing.

 Left me rephrase what I think I heard him say.

I believe what Darren has taken 6 or so posts to state that he is
basically a video snob who would rather not watch anything that has a
risk of not showing off the capabilities of his High Definition
TV--Errr Video Display Pro-Home Hyperdrive VIDAUR System.

By his statements, I assume that he disdains all basically all NASA
released media, finds the Martian Rover frames insufferable and would
never ever watch those grainy low quality moonwalk videos taken by
amateur videographer mopic guys.

I'm putting my $$$s down for the scientific edification it provides me.
I've an old fashion DVD that I am not worried about harming by playing
"vacation videos"-- Even if it dosen't have a trailer and didn't get a
invitation to Cannes, I am looking forward to screening it.

Lighten up Folks! Pop some corn, put your feet up, turn down the lights
-- the flick starts in 5....4....3....2...1..( Fade in: pan far to near
over a great sea of sand, pan down to convoy of land rovers being
pursued under fire from the Indigenous Forces, theme from "The Rat
Patrol " building to a crescendo...Cut to closeup of Steve "Indiana
Jones" Arnold on his camel "YEEEE Hod" as they leap from the back of
one of the land rovers with hs translator and ever present sidekick ,
Akmed, hanging on to the tail...space rocks spilling everywhere.... The
saga continues..)

E.J.