[meteorite-list] OT - Pluto & Neptune

From: MexicoDoug_at_aol.com <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Jun 12 14:55:43 2005

Buenas tardes,

The list is quieter than usual so I'd like to pose a question on the
_planets_ Pluto & Neptune. Many are probably aware that Pluto was the "8th rock"
from the Sun's perspective timed nicely during most of the Voyagers' life
(1979-1999), a nice piece of trivia to have in our lifetimes - since it only
glides into this configuration every 248 years.

After February 11, 1999, Pluto then melancholically slipped into the great
beyond, apparently, not to repeat this "feat" for another 10 generations.
But...I think Pluto was actually closer to Earth than Neptune for about 3 weeks
just two months ago. Does anyone know when this will this happen again?

Saludos, Doug
(supporter of the Pluto-Kuiper Express or whatever it is or isn't called
now)