[meteorite-list] Brahin in Ensisheim

From: Alexander Seidel <gsac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jun 15 11:40:55 2005

> This being, I fully agree with J?rn not to blame the dealer, at least for
> Brahin "the Ruster".

The best thing a dealer could (and should) do is to provide his (her)
customer with all the proper information about his (her) material, be that
as it may, to the best of his (her) knowledge. If this is done - no problem,
no blame on the dealer, whatever happens afterwards!

Besides this, any Brahin buyer ("beautiful and cheap, so cheap a
pallasite!!!") should be aware of the fact that this is a very bad potential
ruster in most of the cases. Essentially it?s nothing but a problem of
education. Building a meteorite collection does not only mean buying
meteorites, but should be accompanied by buying and reading books and
magazines devoted to mets. Last but surely not least this is one of the
reasons this list is for, right?

> I personally had the very similar problem with Dronino (about the same
> disaster within one year). I showed it to the Russian dealer (that I will
> keep anonymous so far) and he just could not do aything else than being
> extremely (and, I believe, sincerely) sorry.
> Dronino and Brahim, the same struggle...

I?ve gone through the same bad thing with my Brenham, many years ago. It
hurts, it sucks! Then again, one has to look, listen and learn, what to buy
or better not buy!

CU in Ensisheim,
Alex