[meteorite-list] last minute Ensisheim news

From: Zelimir Gabelica <Z.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jun 15 13:08:31 2005

Hello List,

The latest info is that Alain Carion, although not present this year at the
show, will provide us with a DVD report (26 minutes) on the recent
(December 2004) joint French-Egyptian expedition in Southern Egypt lead by
Philippe Paillou & collaborators (among which Carion) to investigate the
famous field involving many newly discovered meteoritic impact craters.
This projection is scheduled as a preview on Sunday afternoon June 19.
See also preliminary pictures on the web site of Anne Black. A full paper
is ready to be published in the next issue of "Meteorite"

For those who inquired about the participation of our friend Ivan Koutyrev,
he just notified me that, because of some hard and tiring moments he
recently "enjoyed" in Oman, he wil not show up this time but promises to
come in 2006, with a lot of goodies.

Nick Gessler, quenched that same week-end somewhere in Russia, is sorry to
have to skip the events. He sent us 2 full packages of gold magnets,
telescoping magnets, brass loupes, diamond brader cards...for sale.
Probably in the consignment room or on a separate side table.

We are now quasi full, with 2 tables (of the 56) still available though.

Weather definitely predicted sunny and warm (28 to 30?C), ideal for many
side activities...

Welcome to those listees I progressively learn will be coming. The Friday
party is looking more than promising.

Good trip to all and best wishes to those who can't come this time.

Cordially,

Zelimir

Prof. Zelimir Gabelica
Universit? de Haute Alsace