[meteorite-list] What is It?

From: Norm Lehrman <nlehrman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jun 15 21:45:13 2005

Dave,

In a career working frequently with basalts, I've
never seen megascopic free metal. I also have never
heard of the same. Basalts are, by nature, iron rich,
but for all practical purposes, most of the iron is
present in silicate phases. This thing isn't a
basalt. I don't have any better ideas. I think it
might be what the seller claims it to be----

Norm
(http://tektitesource.com)

--- Dave Freeman mjwy <dfreeman_at_fascination.com>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3239&item=6538683982&rd=1