[meteorite-list] Ad New Silicated IIIC (prov.) ending on ebay

From: Arizona Skies Meteorites <johnbirdsell_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jun 17 15:10:48 2005

Hi Matteo. Yes, it appears to be stable. Comparing
this to nantan is somewhat like comparing apples to
oranges. Nantan has a nickel content of only 6.88% and
is a member of the IAB main group. This silicated iron
has a nickel content of 13.8% and appears to be a
member of the IAB LM subgroup which corresponds to the
old IIIC group. It is noteworthy that its Cu and Sb
concentrations are higher than those in any current
member of this IAB subgroup. Also, irons which are
found in moist environments tend to be less stable
than irons found in dry environments. Somone may
correct me, but I believe Nantan is from a relatively
moist environment while NWA 2680 is a desert iron.

The elmental composition of NWA 2680 is:

: Cr 96 ?g/g, Co 5.4 mg/g, Ni 138 mg/g, Cu 560 ?g/g,
Ga 26 ?g/g, As 21 ?g/g, Sb 890 ng/g, W 0.33 ?g/g, Ir
2.1 ?g/g, Au 1.77?g/g.

Cheers

-John

--- M come Meteorite Meteorites
<mcomemeteorite2004_at_yahoo.it> wrote:

> Hello
>
> Its stable the slice? IIICD its a not good class for
> meteorites - seen Nantan...
> regards
>
> Matteo
>
> --- Arizona Skies Meteorites
> <johnbirdsell_at_yahoo.com>
> ha scritto:
>
> > Hi all. Just a reminder for those intersted in
> > irons...we have a beautiful new silicated iron
> which
> > appears to be a member of the old IIIC group (now
> > IA-sLM group) ending on ebay in just over 2 hours.
>

> > http://makeashorterlink.com/?D6852484B
> >
> > We also have several spectacular slices (both
> etched
> > and polished) on the website. Just look for NWA
> > 2680.
> >

> > We also still have two beautiful (and affordable)
> > mesosiderites running on ebay.
> >

> > Cheers
> >

> > -John & Dawn
> > Arizona Skies Meteorites
> > http://www.arizonaskiesmeteorites.com
> >
> > Arizona Skies Meteorites

> M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
> Via Triestina 126/A - 30030 - TESSERA, VENEZIA,
> ITALY
> Email: mcomemeteorite2004_at_yahoo.it
> Sale Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.it
> Collection Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.info
> MSN Messanger: spacerocks at hotmail.com

> Yahoo! Mail: gratis 1GB per i messaggi e allegati da
> 10MB
> http://mail.yahoo.it

Arizona Skies Meteorites