[meteorite-list] Meteorites, Ice and Antartica

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Jun 20 20:15:33 2005

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 19:15:08 -0400, "Walter Branch" <branchw_at_bellsouth.net> wrote:

>Hello Everyone,
>
>Has anyone read "Meteorites, Ice and Antartica:
>A Personal Account" by William Cassidy?
>Any personal reviews on this book?

I have, and I think that everyone with an interst in meteorites should have a copy, especially how
cheaply you can pick up a copy compaired to many other meteorite books. Other than the historical
and adventure aspects, there is a good deal of technical and statistical information provided, and
really is aimed much more towards those already interested in the science in meteorites than the
general "lay public". One of the author's interests is in trying to determine if the ratio of
meteorite types falling currently is the same as fell in the past, or if percentage distributions
change with time.

You can find copies for under $10 if you shop around

http://www.fetchbook.info/compare.do?search=0521258723