[meteorite-list] Fwd: To all interested Parties

From: Gerald Flaherty <grf2_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jun 23 09:52:27 2005

Martin, This episode with John, like the one described by Mike Farmer on
this list a couple of months ago, seems more a revolutionary rather than an
evolutionary change in Oman policy. That does not give one sufficient time
to acclimate and tailor one's choices. If people have enjoyed the
hospitality of a region for some time one should expect that same
hospitality on their planned trip. John's site warns the would-be tourist
that this is no longer the case and I for omne will not venture there based
upon his experience.
John also refers to high ranking officials involved in his misadventure.
This becomes a rather general inditment of a coutry's intent and seems
rather important to advise against travel based upon personal experience.
Again , I for one will take John's advise in this case.
Jerry Flaherty