[meteorite-list] OT; NASA coverup?

From: Tom Knudson <peregrineflier_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jun 24 16:03:42 2005

Hello List, the list is rather slow, so I thought I might ask a question. I
think I discovered a NASA cover-up!

I was reading a page on the NASA website;
http://www.nasa.gov/centers/dryden/news/FactSheets/FS-011-DFRC.html

I noticed this story;
"The M2-F2 weighed 4,620 pounds without ballast, was roughly 22 feet long,
and had a width of about 10 feet. On May 10, 1967, during the sixteenth
glide flight leading up to powered flight, a landing accident severely
damaged the vehicle and seriously injured the NASA pilot, Bruce Peterson."

I don't know what kind of crap NASA is trying to pull, but I remember that
accident like it was yesterday! Ya, the pilot was seriously injured and
there was damage to the vehicle, but saying Bruce Peterson was the pilot is
either a mistake or a cover-up!
  If you remember, the pilot of that flight was Colonel Steve Austin. He
lost an eye, both legs and an arm in the accident! But they took care of it,
remember?

"We can rebuild him. We have the technology.
We have the capability to make the world's first Bionic man.
Steve Austin will be that man. Better than he was before.
Better . . . stronger . . . faster. "

Is NASA trying to hide the fact that they spent six million of our tax
dollars?

Thanks, Tom
peregrineflier <><