[meteorite-list] Earth Trojan asteroids

From: MexicoDoug_at_aol.com <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Jun 25 22:39:12 2005

Jerry F. wrote:

>Billiards on a planetary scale.
>No wonder I never made it in a pool hall!!

Jeje, Hola Jerry,

Yes, if the counterpart balls in the pool hall had a sort of magnetic
attraction that could transfer momentum without touching (i.e, gravity)....

Another way to think of these two points are as the corners behind the
refrigerator that no matter how you sweep out the lint you always get frustrated
in those naughty corners as the more you try to get them out the more they get
swept further in. 'S'matter? Never seen cleaning behind the fridge,
either?:)

The interesting thing about them is, which I haven't seen mentioned
yet...p-robably the L4 and L5 Earth-Moon points (that dust Francis was talking about)
contain most of the history of the formation of the Moon, and in the case of
the Earth, Most of the history of the formation of the Earth. These are the
meteoroids that AREN'T swept up by the planets...A new NASA mission is
planned called the "Spring-Cleaning-Day"....:) Now to see Mercury Venus and the
Moon, it's my longitudes turn! Future sale: Spring-Cleaning Meteoroid Dust
Sale....

Saludos, Doug