[meteorite-list] fire flies or flying fires

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Jun 26 20:47:10 2005

I doubt there is a stable solution for a ring system in a binary planet
system like the Earth/Moon, unless possibly they are very close to the
Earth. But if they are close to the Earth, they would show up by interacting
with geosynchronous satellites. AFAIK there is no difference in
meteorite/micrometeorite impact risk for geosynchronous satellites versus
those in other orbits.

Not sure what connection you are suggesting between a ring system and debris
collecting at Lagrangian points. Those seem unrelated to me.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com