[meteorite-list] Some comments regarding Oman

From: John Blennert <goldmaster_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Jun 28 16:48:20 2005

Hello Beda and List

First I want to apoligize for insinuating that the Oman snitch was Edwin or
You . It was a young blond haired Swiss guy that the other Russians ran into
in Oman . It was he that stired up the police on a man hunt that ended us in
jail . I'm certain you know who he is since he's part of your hunting team .
If you read the omani document or translation you'll understand more.I
personally think that your University has been dooped by bieng told there
were laws . It behoves me why they just don't make some law or make a royal
decree that is specific ?? Hey if we were in the wrong I'll be the first to
apoligize to the Sultan himself. But after almost 3 months of digging and
begging I still have not seen any law pertaining to meteorites or such. I
think if they are so worried about thier space rocks they would make an
effort to make thier laws a little more transparent. In your next travels
there why don't you stroll into any book store or sovineer shop and by one
of those books I posted on the web sight. Read it, then and only then you
can tell me about all the mining law requirements and export permits that a
tourist needs to get !! If it were just me I would not make a big tadooo
about this whole incedent . I have the financial means to not make a big
deal out of it . But several of my friends were financially devastated. I
think if your country handled misdamenor criminals in the same manor your
tourism would or should be in the toilet too !! Maybe I need to make a dont
visit the swiss .com web sight too !! :o)
Regards
John Blennert