[meteorite-list] Canyon Diablo Hunting and Laws?

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Jun 28 18:59:28 2005

Hello all,

I think it is pretty common knowledge that the meteorites are being
collected at present times. I don't think you will find many list member
comment on list about this....but I bet Walter has gotten several off list
confirmations.

Alexander Seidel wrote:

>Donīt they observe the area at night? [...just to get back to the top of my
>mail..]

>Alex
>Berlin/Germany

Sterling K. Webb noted:

    Giver the present technological abilities and easily affordable state of
variety of night vision equipment, I would definitely NOT assume that no one
was
watching you at night.

As I noted before.....the Barringer property does not contain all the strewn
field, but rather a very small portion of it. That having been said, I have
heard testimony from many people that they were able to go up to the rim at
night. People do live at the crater...most of the "rangers", but that does
not seem to limit people's access to the region.

The strewn field is broken up into many land sections. Many people,
including list member Marvin Killgore own some of the strewn field.

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
www.meteoritearticles.com