[meteorite-list] Questions the List may be able to help with.

From: Zelimir Gabelica <Z.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Mar 21 13:24:52 2005

Hello Adam,

I can fairly agree with Bernd to identify your first unknown as Farmington
(L5, br).
However there can be another alternative.
I have in collection (from TCU/Monnig) a complete slice of Springer (H6),
147 g, which closely resembles to the one you pictured, namely that also
shows a similar "black night sky full of stars" (metallic patches) with a
similar nice metallic vein (like a shooting star trace) crossing the etched
surface.
Just another possibility from only a visual evaluation and from memory (I
have not my collection on hand here to check better). It is thus worth for
what it is (and, I agree, beware of visual comparisons!)

For the Cook collection and Harrissonville, I believe we should rely on
Bernd who has an unvaluable set of (all kind of) data.

Hope this can put a little forward your investigation. Interesting...

All the best,

Zelimir

A 12:12 28/02/05 -0800, vous avez ?crit :