[meteorite-list] Hualapai Wash 003

From: Bob Holmes <bobholmes_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Mar 21 13:24:53 2005

John and List,

I don't believe that any HW meteorite other than 001 (referred to at that
time only as Hualapai Wash), was ever recognized by any one other than the
submitter. Eventually, there is one accepted HW, simply called Hualapai Wash
(no numerical suffix). I do believe that the NomComm has simply lumped all
the other HW mets into a single group they called "Gold Basin Area"
meteorites. Their assertion was that all these samples came from the same
(very large), heterogeneous stone.

It is my contention that even the sample that was ultimately recognized as a
separate meteorite and given a unique name is part of this same, massive
Gold Basin stone. But that's my opinion.

Take care,
Bob