[meteorite-list] John Blennert and Gold Basin

From: Martin Horejsi <martinh_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Mar 21 13:24:53 2005

Hello John and all,

Idaho State University would also like to thank John Blennert for his
generous donation of specimens to the Idaho State Meteorite Collection
here on campus. A formal letter is forthcoming.

I believe this is the second such donation John has made to our
institution, and, as everyone reading this List knows, unless
meteorites can be placed into the hands of students, the excitement of
the topic quickly wains.

As William Butler Yeats once said, " Education is not the filling of a
pail, but the lighting of a fire."

Cheers,

Dr. Martin G. Horejsi
Associate Professor of Science Education
Campus Box 8059
Idaho State University
Pocatello, Idaho 83209