[meteorite-list] looking for a piece of PIGICK

From: Martin Altmann <Altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Mar 21 13:24:53 2005

It's because there is no general prohibition for export from Australia.
It's decided from case to case and for the most common finds, like Huckitta,
Henbury, Mundrabilla they're giving the permit.
For rare stuff not. So for instance never for Karoonda, so that it's
difficult nowadays to find a piece larger than 1g only although it has a tkw
of 42kg.
Thus I'm sad, because I never will get a crumb of Buckleboo unless I'll
emigrate to downunder.
And in general there's always the possibility that specimens from old
collections, where the reglementations weren't so strict come to market.
I'm sure you meant not Norbert Classen,
but Norbert Kammel, best and cheapest source for Australian meteorites (I'm
buying there too):
www.rocksonfire.com

Buckleboo!
Martin