[meteorite-list] AD - ebay - meteorites and reprints ending soon

From: Peter Marmet <p.marmet_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Mar 21 13:24:54 2005

Hello list,

just a quick note, that I have 28 auctions ending in less than 2 hours
and 7 reprints ending in about one day.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZpema9

Meteorites, e.g.:

- SAO JULIAO DE MOREIRA, 7.58 g (15 x 15 x 10 mm), a nice piece of the
rare iron meteorite Sao Juliao de Moreira, which was found in Portugal
in 1883. We do not
know much about this meteorite except that a farmer found it on his
field. Parts of this
meteorite were cut off, but the main mass later disappeared, that's why
you will very rarely
find Sao Juliao de Moreira offered for sale. This is my only piece. It
comes with an original
Martin Altmann Coll. label.

- LUNAR, DaG 400, 0.280 g

- MARTIAN, DaG 476, 0.198 g

- VIGARANO CV3.3, 0.55 g with stunning crust!!!

- KERNOUVE, 0.9 g, France, fell in 1869!

- NWA 544 (L3.8), 19.1 g, superb slice!

- TAZA, PILLISTFER, PENA BLANCA SPRING, ...

Reprints, e.g.:

- METEORITES IN THE COLLECTIONS OF YALE UNIVERSITY

- METEORITES AND THEIR METALLIC CONSTITUENTS

- METEORITE RESEARCH IN THE UNITED KINGDOM

- THE SASAGASE, JAPAN, CHONDRITE. The Sasagase meteorite has been an
object of worship at a temple in Sasagase, central Japan, since its fall
probably in 1688!

- In French: LES METEORITES DE TUAN TUC (1921) ET DE PHU HONG (1887) EN
COCHINCHINE, ...

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZpema9

Thanks!

Peter Marmet