[meteorite-list] AD - Auctions Ending Today - Great Values

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Mar 21 13:24:55 2005

Greg wrote:

> NWA 2624 Pallasite-Like Ureilite 5.7g
> Complete Slice (One of only a few left)

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6516066472&
> ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Hello All,

I'm one of the lucky ones who owns three of these "pallasite-like" slices
with spectacular pyroxene phenocrysts (large, translucent yellowish-green
crystals) and I am glad I purchased them. A few days ago, another German
list member told me that he had purchased one of these slices from Greg
although it was not one showing those spectacular *pheno*crysts in hand
specimen. Let me assure you that, under a microscope, there are quite a
few of these eye-catching features. You just gotta love these natural
works of art.

Best wishes,

Bernd (who celebrated his 37th wedding anniversary yesterday :-)