[meteorite-list] What are the latest Iron Falls?

From: Tom Knudson <peregrineflier_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Mar 21 13:24:55 2005

Fr?d?ric Beroud wrote'

"I always wondered why so few irons have been found so far in the Sahara
Desert... I think that as most of the time they are heavier than OCs, the
ones that landed over there are still under the surface, waiting fo erosion
to make them appearing... "

Along those same lines, I wonder if Irons work their way down, not unlike
gold in a gold pan, while the lighter material works it's was to the
surface?

Thanks, Tom
peregrineflier <><
IMCA 6168