[meteorite-list] Catalogue of Meteorites

From: meteoriteplaya_at_comcast.net <meteoriteplaya_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Mar 21 13:24:56 2005

Hi Al & Todd
If I remember correctly when they added the CD to the 5th edition they mentioned that it would be easier to update and it would be updated earlier. Has anyone heard anything about this.
If you are looking for the information that is the most updated I would suggest
looking at list members Jörn Koblitz's program. It includes the most update and pertinent information about every meteorite. He just posted information about the most recent version. It is costly but remember you get what you pay for and in my opinion well worth the price.
I produce a book with two other authors that is now a year old. It is only $22.95 but only includes basic information about each meteorite exclusive of Antarctica. It is "Meteorites from A to Z" second edition.
If you have the 5th edition Catalogue of Meteorites and want an update you can also just print out the Meteoritical Bulletins (MB) from #84 through today. They are available on the Meteoritical Societies website. Put them in a three ring binder and add tabs. You can then index them by simply entering the meteorite name, MB number and page number into your choice of software. Once you have entered this minor amount, though quite lengthy bit of information, you just might decide to purchase it from Jörn Koblitz.
Mike

--
Mike Jensen IMCA 4264
Jensen Meteorites