[meteorite-list] Spirit Gets A Dust Devil Once-Over

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Mar 21 13:24:56 2005

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 22:47:12 -0800 (PST), Ron Baalke <baalke_at_zagami.jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:

>Squyres couldn't gauge the chance of what he called a "miracle cleaning
>event" - akin to what occurred months ago on Opportunity, its sister
>robot on the other side of Mars. "If it happens, I'll take it!"

Surviving landing. Landing in craters. Landing near at least one meteorite. Surviving loooooong
after the hoped-for mission lenght. Getting free cleanings from dust devils. It is just insane how
lucky and successful these rovers have been!

This site has an actual photo of one of the dust devils:

http://www.astrobio.net/news/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=1483&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0