[meteorite-list] Ebay fraud alert - ACTION REQUIRED

From: Impactika_at_aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Mar 21 13:24:57 2005

Hello EVERYBODY,

Since it is getting very late for a lot of people, and time is short, for
the very first time I am sending the same post to both IMCA members and
non-members.

Obviously, you all know by know about this new Meteorwrong-Dealer on Ebay.
We have already contacted Ebay and reported his auctions as frauds. However
Ebay is rather hard of hearing as most of you know. So here is a new idea that
I, and the IMCA Board of Directors, is suggesting:
If Ebay cannot notice one squeaky wheel, but they will notice a whole lot of
them, so we are asking each of you do the following:

Log on to Ebay.
Go to: http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_inline/report_problem.html
Select:
1. Report problems with other eBay members
2. Fraud concerns for buyers
3. Report a listing you think is fraudulent (you didn't bid)

Select "Continue >"

Under "Customer Support Option(s):" Click on "Email"

Copy and paste these item numbers: 6518820774,6518822641

Click "Submit"

I don't know if this has ever been tried, so I don't know what Ebay's
response will be, however I / we believe it is worth a try.

Thank you very much for your participation.

Anne M. Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA_at_aol.com
President, I.M.C.A. Inc.