[meteorite-list] Thanks goes to Lars Pendersen

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Mar 21 13:24:57 2005

With all of the talk of meteorites being "lost" in the mail, especially to Europe, and with the
speculation on some of those "lost" items having been won at a price where it would be better for
the seller to give a refund on the "lost" item rather than send it in the first place, I want to
publicly praise Lars Pendersen. I recently won a 18 gram slice of NWA 987 from him at much less
than the current market price and much less than his cost. But he sent it anyway, and it arrived
today. I think that some sellers would rather "lose" the piece and eat a bad feedback point rather
than take the loss.

Here's the original auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6516182766

and here's a scan of both sides of the slice I just made:

http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/nwa987.jpg