[meteorite-list] Oman

From: Rob Wesel <nakhladog_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Mar 21 13:24:57 2005

Is it obvious to you Bill?

I would hazard a guess that Oman meteorites are the second most plentiful on
the market, available from my site and many others yet with many folks I
have spoken to about going, legality issues come up. As I see it this is
either sour grapes (as those who have warned me have never gone into Oman)
or a legitimate concern.

I am sifting out the details myself, starting with this list, my fellow
collectors and colleagues, teams from around the world who have been hunting
the deserts for decades and are familiar with the exportation process. I
thank you for considering me well known in the community but I admit I have
never been on a hunt but for Park Forest where I did not personally find a
single piece.

I could write to the Sultan but this seems a logical forum to seek advice.

Rob Wesel
http://www.nakhladogmeteorites.com
We are the music makers...
and we are the dreamers of the dreams.