[meteorite-list] meteorite legality responce.

From: Michael Farmer <meteoritehunter_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Mar 21 13:24:58 2005

Yes, that is the average, after the middle of April, the daily temps in the
meteorite areas are well into the 100 degrees. The reason that is a danger
is the fact that if you break down, you cant carry enough water to survive
long enough to make it to the road. And if you want to hunt meteorites, you
need to go at least 40 to 50 kilometers from the road.
I suggest extreme caution and planning Rob, satellite phones etc, your life
depends on these things out there.
Mike