[meteorite-list] Meteorite Talk/Program Topics

From: tett <tett_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Mar 21 13:24:58 2005

Al,

A few times, I have given an introductory talk about meteorites to the local
astronomy club. After my introduction to meteorites I have a little
contest. For fun, I have taken in some meteorwrongs and have held contests
where I will have ~15 samples for review of which ~half are real. The
meteorwrongs consist of shatercones, impactite, quartz, and common rocks.
The audience then gets to hold the samples and chose which are real an which
are not. I allow lots of questions when they are holding the samples and
this leads to fun discussions. I also have some magnets available for
testing.

Thanks for your topic ideas.

Cheers,

tett