[meteorite-list] NPA 02-14-167 Search Party Finds...(Vilna) Meteorite

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Mar 21 13:24:59 2005

Paper: The Lethbridge Herald
City: Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
Date: Tuesday, February 14, 1967
Page: 13 (of 20)

Search Party Finds Fragment Of Meteorite

     EDONTON (UP) - A search party has found a second fragment of a
meteorite that of a meteorite that flashed over eastern Alberta Feb. 5. in
the same location of the first particle found Thursday, near Spedden, Alta.,
115 miles northeast of Edmonton.
     Dr. R. E. Folinsbee, a University of Alberta geologist, said the
sample, half an inch across, is large enough for analysis. He said a
surplus army mine detector will be used next weekend to hunt for larger
fragments. The search was hampered last weekend by a snowfall.

(end)

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
Wichita, Kansas
http://www.meteoritearticles.com
http://www.kansasmeteoritesociety.com
http://www.imca.cc

http://stores.ebay.com/meteoritearticles

PDF copy of this article, and most I post (and about 1/2 of those on my
website), is available upon e-mail request.

The NPA in the subject line, stands for Newspaper Article. The old list
server allowed us a search feature the current does not, so I guess this is
more for quick reference and shortening the subject line now.