[meteorite-list] more on Jefferson and meteorites

From: Jeffrey Shallit <elvis_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Mar 21 15:55:41 2005

I thought I'd report on what I found out more recently about
Thomas Jefferson and meteorites. I have contacted three Jefferson
experts and none of them believe the quote attributed to him is
authentic. The most recent expert is a researcher at Monticello,
who provides some interesting information. I got her approval
to relay this message to the list.

Jeffrey Shallit