[meteorite-list] Lunar origin of tektites

From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Mar 26 04:53:00 2005

Dear Norman, Al, and List,
  In glasses, greens and blues can be created by iron.
 Thai tektites, Bedisites and Geogiaites are variable
in color; generally, they range from a dirty
brown-yellow-green.
  Modern glass makers have used deep purples and other
deep colors to create "black". Iron in early man-made
glasses was used to create green and blue glasses. I
have studied early man-made and natural glasses for
more than 20 years and have several hundreds of
samples of both. Chinese had glass by at least 250BC
and the Phonecians earlier.
  Darryl Futrell, in an email, once wrote that he had
knowledge of massive blue impact glasses in Patagonia
(sp?). He went on to say that he had neither the
wealth or health to follow up to collect it. Does
anyone have further information about this glass? He
described blocks of several hundreds of pounds.
  I have no evidence for the Lunar origin of tektites
and have found much more evidence supporting an impact
origin.
  Best to you all. I am headed back to Thailand,
Laos, and Cambodia in the next few weeks.
 Dirk Ross...Tokyo