[meteorite-list] FW: Lunar origin of tektites

From: Tom Knudson <peregrineflier_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Mar 26 16:33:43 2005

" Well, I gather that the major component of tektites is quartz-- and that
 quartz is very rare in meteorites"

Well, do you know why? It is because the Quartz meteoroids can't seem to
make it through Earths atmosphere, it always burns up and falls as tektites!
: )
Thanks, Tom
peregrineflier <><
IMCA 6168