[meteorite-list] Re: Tektite pitting

From: Sterling K. Webb <kelly_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Mar 26 18:43:09 2005

Hi, Darren,

    As kids say on the internet, "KEWL!" I think most of the flowlines are strain lines or stretch
lines that date to the plastic phase, but there's one near the top of the object that is a true
"channel." Notice how many pits are elongated in the direction of the lines that cross them? Streeeetch!

    Really nice picture. If it had a black backround, I say, "Which moon of Saturn is that, now?"

Sterling Webb