[meteorite-list] oh oh...now my Kendrapara its Zag

From: star-bits_at_comcast.net <star-bits_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Mar 30 12:41:57 2005

Matteo wrote:

<Farmer, or your new mesosiderite its pieces of vaca muerta?>

Matteo I suggest you take another look at the photos. NObody who had ever seen even a single piece of Vaca Muerta would ever confuse the two. We know you hate Mike Farmer and are jealous of his success, but to make a statement like that which every novice knows is false is unacceptable on this list.

and also wrote:

<Where is the fresh fusion crust on your mesosiderite??? In the photos is not
visible>

It may not be obvious to Matteo, but it is visible. On the 268 gram piece the side shown on the left photo is mostly crust. As it happens I was at Mike's house yesterday and saw the pieces before they were posted. The most interesting of the pieces, around 600 grams, isn't on his web site. It has a very unusual matte black crystal looking inclusion. It is about 1 cm across and looks like nothing I had seen before. Hopefully Mike will post some photos of it.

--
Eric Olson
ELKK Meteorites