[meteorite-list] Another new LL6 Fall

From: Christian Anger <christian.anger_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Mar 31 21:25:36 2005

Hi all,

great news !
I want to inform you about a brandnew meteorite fall
that fell 3 weeks ago in Algeria near the Tunisian border.
A real shower, more than 200 stones have been collected so far.
The biggest stone weighing 16 kg.
It is already classified as LL6, brecciated, S3, W0

>olivine Fa31.1, CaO<0.09, predominantly <0.05; low Ca-pyroxene Fs27.1
>PMD=0.02; abundant coarse-grained plagioclase, mainly An84Or5, ranges from
>An61Or25 to An86Or3; coarse-grained diopside and troilite are abundant;
>pentlandite is a minor phase; the meteorite is brecciated, with thick black
>shock veins present; shock stage S3, weathering grade W0

Yeah, another LL6 fall from Northwest-Africa
What a coincidence.

greetings from Austria

Christian

IMCA #2673