[meteorite-list] Quit your whining!!!!!

From: Edward Hodges <holyfireballs_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon May 2 03:40:04 2005

I know Steve Arnold posts a bunch of emails, however what really annoys me
are the posts that follow when you have a problem with Steve just simply for
trying to be an active member of the meteorite community. He is as
enthusiastic as I wish I was about anything, and I think that's awesome.
Sadly, you who post your evil comments about Steve are just driving
yourselves, and my inbox crazy. If you haven't figured it out yet, Steve has
no idea what you are all pissed about, and he just doesn't get it. To him,
the list is a way to communicate about all things meteorite. Essentially
that's exactly what the list is for. You few bullies just fill my inbox with
your hatred and I'm just plain sick of it. I've known for years that the
community of meteorite people are some of the weirdest, oddest, off- the-
wall people in the world and I embrace that fact. Some of you are really
neat people with a real zeal for life and adventure, not to mention some of
the smartest people I've ever met. That said, many of the people I'm
speaking of are what I call "social retards". Really smart, not too much
common sense and really terrible people skills. It's like a never ending
cycle with you people: first it's infighting with Casper, then it's Matteo
and Farmer going at it, now it's pick on Steve. Are you aware that you can
block his email address, or anyones for that matter? Does it do any good to
spew your unbecoming hatred in a public forum upon a guy who's basically a
curious kid in a candy store? Get over yourselves you bunch of middle-aged,
fat-ass, trekkie, couldn't get laid in a morgue, social retards? Couldn't
you be watching Dr. Who or building a phaser or something else besides
acting like a total ego-maniac ass and filling my inbox with all the baggage
that's left over from when a kid picked on you in Junior High, or Susie
wouldn't go to the prom with you? Yeah, I see the kettle and It's frigging
BLACK as night. Think about it. Thanks.