[meteorite-list] Rubin, UCLA and fraud????

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue May 3 12:00:02 2005

Tom asked, "And who is S. Ray DeRusse?"

The meteorite field creates people that won't except the truth on their
rocks. I have one person that brings over a meteor-wrong with new questions
every couple weeks. He has sent out samples and they have told him the same
thing I have. So of course, he has concluded, like Ray DeRusse, that the
ENTIRE scientific and collecting community is conspiring against them. In
fact he consulted a lawyer to sue me, the lawyer talked with me and dropped
his client after the conversation.

I don't need to defend Rubin or UCLA on this forumm their stellar records
speak for themselves.

The lesson of the story, which perhaps Steve Arnold, Chicago, should take
head. If everyone is telling you the same thing, it is likely true.

I should also note Tom, that Ray DeRusse, is reading this and your e-mail,
and he has posted quite a bit since the time you have been a list member.
Add Matteo's strange desire to keep us up to date on DeRusse and one almost
has to wonder if this is a real question.

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
www.meteoritearticles.com