[meteorite-list] [FS - ebay] picritic shergotite endecut

From: Martin Altmann <Altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat May 7 09:04:19 2005

Uh, it's May, spring on Earth (but not for Norbert, Jeff and Rodrigo) and
please not the number war again!
Hey, there was this long (and for most list members I guess somehat boring)
argue, when people sold stuff under your number, whether it was the same
material or not.....that wasn't o.k..
But what do you want more in this case?
He made microprobe, if the values are sufficient for comparing and the same
like with yours, if it's from the same source and if it's the very same
stuff -
to inflate the number mess would be contraproductive for collectors and
science.

Come on, now. Especially where the desert gets dry, I have the vision, that
dealers will buy each one 150 stones, which are NWA 869 and even if the
values, the data (and for the crazy ones the microprobe) shows, that indeed
it's NWA869, they will make twothousand new NWA-numbers out of it, vulgo
2000 new meteorites.
Would be that serious in your eyes?

My two beers.
Martin