[meteorite-list] possible new illinois meteorite find

From: Mark Langenfeld <mlangen_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon May 9 10:12:43 2005

Bob is right, Steve. The glaciers brought down tons of magnetite from
the great iron deposits of northern Minnesota and Wisconsin and
Michigan's U.P. The stuff is all over; everything from pebbles to
boulders. And a lot of it weathers dark, looking a little bit like a
fusion crust.

Good luck, but don't get your hopes up.

Mark

--