[meteorite-list] Is Amgala Official? / New Bulletin

From: Zelimir Gabelica <Z.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue May 10 12:50:52 2005

Hi Jeff, Jeff and List,

Wow, a wall of 670 km long! Or is it 670 m ?

The "Amgala" (for which, I presume the new name shuld be now "Oum Dreyga"
?) tkw, as mentioned on Ph. Thomas' site, is indeed about 17 kg.

But I also know of some people (meteorite hunters) having recently
(March-May 2005) brought more "Amgala" from Morocco. I saw several dozens
of large complete stones and I could personally purchase, among others, an
individual of 500+ grams. So that the tkw should be larger.

Is anyone from the List able to achieve some more accurate compilation so
as to better evaluate the real tkw ? I can also try from the above source.
I'll keep in touch if I learn more.

Best wishes,

Zelimir

A 10:18 10/05/05 -0400, vous avez ?crit :