[meteorite-list] Is Amgala Official? / New Bulletin

From: Martin Altmann <Altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue May 10 16:31:19 2005

But Marcin,

in the official entry in the Catalogue of a meteorite, often you'll find a
line:
"Synonyms:" Where all alternative denominations of a meteorite are listed.

So hurry up and write, aunt Russell, write: Pleasipleasy add in the
provisional entry between
"Ordinary chondrite (H3-5)" and "On 16 October 2003, Moroccan soldiers
stationed..."
a line "Synonyms: Amgala",
as the world there outside, i.e. that ugly commercial oriented people, who
are bringing all the nice stones from the desert to the attention of the
MetSoc use this name and without the MetSoc no other being on that planet
knew that stone under that name Oum Dreyga

(and in one go, write her, that at the next meeting in Nancy 3 member should
drink water instead of Bordeaux at the dinner and from the saved bucks she
should send a student to finally take a sample from the holy stone of
Kouklia, which would be, if it's one, the most historic meteorite on Earth
and by far of more cultural importance, than the discovery of the next
lunaite, finally we are waiting for more than hundred years for that and
give her the address of Rob Haag for the case, that it will be a meteorite.
He will force himself once again in his silver suit, will call the TV and
voil? in the next round of distributing the tax payer's money, the share for
the Met.Soc involved institutes will turn out more fat - Gosh, I can't do
everything, I have to work, anyone out there, who needs a meteorite?).

Such a Buckleboo!
Martin