[meteorite-list] D'Orbigny, Unusual Angrite, Thin Section Photographs

From: Alexander Seidel <gsac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed May 11 17:30:21 2005

> I recently received a D'Orbigny thin section. Which I have placed
> several photographs of on my web site at the following web page.
> http://www.meteoritearticles.com/coldorbigneyts.html
> One the best thin sections I have.

Very beautiful, indeed! To complement Mark?s photos I would like to draw all
thin section lovers to this new and excellent book:

      "A Color Atlas of Meteorites in Thin Section"
      by Dante S. Lauretta and Marvin Killgore,
      available at Ebay or from Marvin?s Website
      301 pages of high quality paper, 98.00 USD

I received my personal copy, signed by Marvin, a week ago, and it is worth
every buck of the investment.

Back to D?Orbigny you will find six photos of this angrite there: overview
plane-polarized, overview cross-polarized and four detail photos including a
back-scattered electron image. A gorgeous meteorite unter crossed polars, as
I can confirm from my own thin section slide.

Alex
Berlin/Germany