[meteorite-list] Stefan's CV3's, classification numbers

From: Mark Bostick <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed May 11 20:37:47 2005

Hello list,

I will post later tonight when I have more time on D'Orbigny. However I
just got Stefans post on one of the other list on two "new" CV3's.

I am surprized to see two CV3's.with such a range of numbers.

NWA 2900 CV3

Olivine, Fa14.2 (range Fa0.2-31.1), low-Ca pyroxene, Fs0.8-22.9;

NWA 2901 CV3

Olivine, Fa25.9 (range Fa0.4-32.1), low-Ca pyroxene, Fs20.8-22.7

Guess I need to research CV3's a little more.

In another CV3 note, I didn't see Michal's CV3 in the pre-bulliten. Did it
by chance get a number or the like if anyone knows. (I have a 114g
individual.)

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
www.meteoritearticles.com