[meteorite-list] Re: 13.5 kg lunar

From: AL Mitterling <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat May 14 08:57:34 2005

Hi Darren and all,

Based on all the previous finds, The average lunar meteorite specimen
weighs 197.02 gm. (6 grams to 1425 grams, 3.1 lbs). So this doesn't fit
the usual, expected size. Looks like either a lower impacting body hit
the moon or another size impactor can liberate specimens from the moon.
Interesting in any case.

--AL