AW: [meteorite-list] Re: 13.5 kg lunar

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat May 14 20:04:43 2005

That's ridiculous, Lunar material brought back from the moon would baseline
at more than $5,000.00 a gram. Anything less is not feasible because the
costs are tremendous and have already been calculated. Anybody who collects
Luanites should be happy to pay much less than this by comparison. If the
13.5K Lunaite was dumped on the market, which would never happen, the price
would be self-maintaining. If the price was too low, like say $300.00 a
gram, other dealers would snap it up immediately. For that matter, an
international jewelry company offered us $750.00 a gram for as much as we
could produce and we turned them down. I still believe lunaites are better
preserved in collections not jewelry.

Just my opinion,

Adam