[meteorite-list] I am MR-METEORITE!

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon May 16 14:56:48 2005

Hi Ruben and Mike,
        Might I suggest, Ruben, you first remind him he agreed to change
the name on ebay? (If his memory is as bad as mine, it might have just
slipped by).
        In addition, just as Bob Haag is famous as Meteorite Man, you can
bet your socks there are several people referred to as that. It is not
unreasonable to assume "Mr. Meteorite" has been called that by others
and your claim to the title is actually restricted to the eBay venue.
(I have been called both - just never "promoted" either - and I am willing
to bet AT LEAST 10 other dealers on this list have been. Be aware you
might be dealing in the future with another person being "MisterMeteorite"
and another as "Mr_Meteorite" etc.)).
         It really is a courtesy of him to yield to your claim by virtue of
tenure. Don't get me wrong - I DO think it is the appropriate thing to do,
and right and proper and all - but it IS a courtesy. Therefore, I would
encourage you to simply remind him of his commitment to you - and
you might point out while doing so that at least part of your concern
is your long and 100% clean record on eBay.
        If he reneges on his promise after you contact him in a polite
manor, THEN you might consider more heavy handed approaches,
such as having friends blast him.
        Generally, more flies are caught with honey. It is also the
gentlemanly thing to do.
        My two cents....
        Best wishes, Michael

--
"You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are."
     -Herb Cohen