[meteorite-list] Collection for Sale

From: CMcdon0923_at_aol.com <CMcdon0923_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon May 16 15:47:18 2005

After much reflection on and review of my interests and goals, I have decided to sell my meteorite collection and concentrate on other interests that hold deeper meaning for me on a personal level.

I will first offer the collection intact, to those on this list. Should there be no interest in it as a whole, I will sell the pieces off individually via eBay over the next few months, beginning in June.

My asking price is significantly under my cost, as I would prefer to just sell it and be done with the process (like removing a band-aid).

A few details: There are 191 pieces, representing 172 distinct locations. Sizes range from specks to 700+ grams, and everything in between. There are three Lunar meteorites, and three SNCs.

For what it?s worth, the total weight of the collection is approximately 4,927 grams. (There are also a few tektites and impactites acquired along the way, which are not included in the specimen count or total weight listed above.)

If anyone is interested in receiving a list (Excel format) of what the collection contains and my asking price, please email me DIRECTLY at: cmcdon0923_at_aol.com

Again, please note that at this time the collection is only available intact, and offers for individual pieces will not be considered.

Sincerely,

Craig McDonald