[meteorite-list] Opportunity Mars Rover Stuck in Sand

From: Art <blurtheline_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue May 17 14:00:55 2005

Hi Everyone;

After reading this artice late last month I checked out some photos on
the Mars Rover web site
(http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/home/index.html) that were taken
during this period.

The image below is interesting as it reminds me of many daydreams I've
had while hiking the Algodones area in Southern California ...
rounding a dune and seeing a small impact crater with a fresh
Shergottite at the bottom! I wonder what Opportunity would find in
this small crater?

Tiny Crater on Meridiani Planum: http://makeashorterlink.com/?B38F2271B

Best regards, Art

--