[meteorite-list] ordinary chondrite... or enstatite?

From: Meteoriteshow <meteoriteshow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed May 18 16:36:03 2005

Dear List members,

I have recently purchased a small unclassified 26g fragment of a Saharan
meteorite and just partially polished one side in order to see how it looks
like. First impression, it was very hard to polish and must quite metal
rich, but also very oxidized...
I have put some pictures on a webpage, url hereunder:
http://meteoriteshow.free.fr/meteoriteshow%20angl/pages%20meteorites/meteorite_africa.htm

Should anybody have an idea from the pictures, I'll be glad to read it.
I was wondering whether it could be an Enstatite... But could also be an
O.C.
Of course, I know that those pics are not sufficient to get a clear idea,
but I know that some of you are very good at it!
The pictures on which the surface looks shiny were snapped without a flash,
with th enatural light reflecting on the surface, that normally looks quite
brown because of metal oxidation I guess...
Thanks and kind regards,

Frederic Beroud
http://www.meteoriteshow.com
IMCA member # 2491 (http://www.imca.cc/)